in Search

Wall-e

Last post 06-16-2009 4:14 PM by Blogette. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-07-2008 10:01 AM

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Wall-e

Pixar just released their newest movie, Wall-e. So far I haven't seen a single Pixar movie that I didn't like, and most of their movies have become some of my favorites. Has anyone seen this movie yet? If so, what did you think of it? For those who haven't seen it, do you want to see it?  

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 07-17-2008 9:39 AM In reply to

Re: Wall-e

OH MY GOODNESS!!  I saw the previews for this movie and fell in love. I also have never seen a Pixar movie that I didn't like. This looks like, by far, the best. I hope I'm not disappointed, but based on their previous movies I doubt I will be. If it's out already then i'll probably see it tomorrow. I'm so excited! When I do see it, i'll definitely post about it. Big Smile

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.

- Andrew S. Tanenbaum
  • 07-17-2008 10:04 AM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

I definitely want to go see this. I heard it's extremely good. And yes, I haven't seen a Pixar movie I didn't like... The Pixar short films at the beginning, though... that's another story. The one about the Jackelope really gets on my nerves, and it just happens to be at the beginning of my favorite movie. I guess you can't win them all.

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 07-17-2008 10:08 AM In reply to

My mom is completely obsessed with that stupid jackalope. I have to agree with you again there, SOO ANNOYING! But then, I guess anything could be annoying if you watch it more than 10 times.

The Incredibles?

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.

- Andrew S. Tanenbaum
  • 07-17-2008 10:09 AM In reply to

Pixar movies are always great. They're pretty much single handedly saving Disney. After making a sequel to every single movie they ever made, Disney was really reaching for anything original. These all tanked pretty badly and they stopped bothering to release them in theaters.Their only other options were to go for threequels like "The Lion King 3: Simba Has No Pride", Tarzan 3: The Quest For More Money, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame 3: Quasimodo Tries Internet Dating".  It was all downhill from there until Pixar came around to bring some originality into the mix.

• 07-17-2008 10:16 AM In reply to

I actually liked The Hunchback of Notre Dame 3. That Gypsy really gyped him and ran off with his favorite bell, and that pretty hunchback girl with the unibrown seemed really into him by the end. It's hard to find true love these days and Disney had to get more realistic because kids today were like... "YEA RIGHT! We know there's no Happily Ever Afters!"

- Andrew S. Tanenbaum
  • 07-17-2008 10:18 AM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Yeah I think I've watched The Incredibles over 10 times. It's one of the few movies I can watch more than once and the only movie I have ever gone out and bought for myself. It's really something everyone can enjoy. We will see how Wall-e ranks among the other great movies.

• 07-18-2008 4:00 PM In reply to

• Cae
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-25-2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 74

The Incredibles is a very cute movie and I agree that most Pixar movies are well-made and just plain old fun! I honestly was NOT impressed by the idea of a small robot roaming around a random planet picking up trash (or whatever he's made to do, I haven't seen the movie yet), but many friends have said it was terribly advertised. This is silly, but when I saw the previews for Wall-E, I actually thought it was to advertise not littering or some cleaning product! I told my friends and they got a good laugh. They did see it and said it was amazing and it was one of the few they'd go to see again. While it's not my own opinion (and maybe Wall-E won't be selling a cleaning product), maybe that helps those of you who weren't sure if it's worth it. Let the rest of us know when you see it!

*Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.*
  • 07-18-2008 4:34 PM In reply to

I know, what's up with those previews? At first all we knew about it was that it was about a robot and by Pixar. I was sold at the mention of Pixar, and I guess if you have as good a reputation as they have, you can get away with it. But still, a little plot in the preliminary teasers might have been helpful. If you're going to make an amazing movie, you should make good previews. I almost didn't even see my favorite movie because its previews made it look so dumb.

I definitely want to go see this movie ASAP.  

That's my way of the ninja!

• 07-18-2008 6:53 PM In reply to

I just saw Wall-E and I have to say it's a pretty cute movie. Nothing I would want to go out of my way to watch more than maybe once or twice. Very cute though.

- Andrew S. Tanenbaum
  • 06-16-2009 12:33 PM In reply to

I thought that Wall-E was a great movie. I thought the lack of actuall words was kind of boring at times but over all I thought it was really good. I was concerned before seeing it that it was going to be all about save the planet before global warming gets to you. I had been hearing from people that it had a political message. Well I must of missed it because I didn't feel it had much of a message at all. Maybe a message that we should stop being lazy and perhaps take care of ourselves. I thought it was a good movie over all I would recomend it. 

• 06-16-2009 4:14 PM In reply to

I tried to watch Wall-E, but I turned it off after 30 minutes. It was so slow and boring.
    May you live every day of your life.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)