in Search

What's Your Favorite Movie?

Last post 11-12-2008 5:42 PM by Raikus. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2008 10:30 AM

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

What's Your Favorite Movie?

What's your all time favorite movie, out of all the movies you have seen? If you could choose just one movie to own and show all your friends, which would you pick? Be sure to tell us the title and a little about the movie and why you love it.

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
    Filed under: ,
  • 06-20-2008 10:40 AM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Re: What's Your Favorite Movie?

I think my all-time favorite movie has to be "The Incredibles". It has some of the best CGI animation I have ever seen and keeps you fascinated by the beauty of the art. It's also full of side splitting comedy, and action packed scenes. I think it's by far one of the most entertaining movies I have ever watched. While it may not be incredibly deep or life changing, it's one of the few movies I can enjoy watching over and over again.

The basic premise behind this movie is that the general public sued the superhero community for violating their rights while saving the world. They forced the "Supers" into hiding among us and living mundane lives. The main characters are a family of superhumans trying to get by and fit in with ordinary life. When a criminal mastermind threatens to unleash chaos on the world, they are dragged back into action and find themselves, and their kids, deep in the jungle fighting off evil as a super-family.

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 07-02-2008 12:46 PM In reply to

My husband and I have a few favorites. In the chick flick category, our most favorite is Six Days Seven Nights starring Harrison Ford and Anne Heche stranded on an uninhabited island. Coming in second would be Fifty First Dates (Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore), third would be You've Got Mail (the remake with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan). For action films, we like Armageddon, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, and the Bourne series. I think our all-time favorite would be Serenity. The TV series it followed, Firefly, is also excellent.

May you live every day of your life.
  • 07-02-2008 2:33 PM In reply to

this reminds me to ask angelina jolie's biggest fan (blogiversity's own writer lady) what she thinks of anne heche... so, writer lady?
    emcee christmas
    Currents&Waves
  • 07-06-2008 1:46 AM In reply to

Wall-e

Sure its a little kid movie... but by god that is the best little kid movie on the planet
    I loved it lol... Made me laugh quite a bit

• 11-12-2008 5:42 PM In reply to

• Raikus
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-27-2008
    • Tallahassee, FL
    • Posts 133

I like to separate my movies by type before saying the best. However, if I was being waterboarded and had to settle on one overall movie it would have to be Cool Hand Luke. Everything about that movie is perfect. The acting, the script, the commentary, the influence it had -- all of this amounts to my perfect movie. It's a movie that I can watch a hundred times (and honestly, I'm probably coming up on that number of views pretty fast) and still find little parts that I missed or new meanings to the things left unsaid.

So there you go torture person. You've forced it out of me. You broke me. Just... just don't hit me no more Boss. Please don't hit me no more.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)