in Search

Inglourious Basterds Movie Discussion

Last post 08-24-2009 11:53 AM by willburns1. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2009 11:53 AM

Inglourious Basterds Movie Discussion

Inglourious Basterds came out this weekend and I haven't seen it but is getting pretty good reviews. Rotten Tomatoes has it's rating at 87% which is pretty good considering Quentin Tarantino's movies are some what of an acquired taste. The movie did 37.6 million at the box office which isn't too bad.

The Plot 

(1)The film tracks the separate attempts to kill Hitler by two disparate forces, one being the "Basterds", a motley crew of Jewish American soldiers out for revenge against the Nazis. The Basterds have a modus operandi whereby each man must cut off the scalp of a dead Nazi soldier, with orders to get 100 scalps each. The Basterds allow one German soldier to survive each incident so as to spread the news of the terror of their attacks. However, the Basterds carve a swastika into the forehead of that German. The other force concerns Shosanna (Mélanie Laurent), the only survivor of a Jewish family killed by the Jew Hunter, who plots her own revenge on the Nazis. The Basterds and Shosanna remain unaware of each other throughout the film.

Inglourious Basterds is inspired by and loosely based on the 1978 film The Inglorious Bastards. This is perhaps why Quentin Tarantino decided to spell Inglourious Basterds the way he did instead of Inglorious Bastards. According to Tarantino this is his spaghetti western, but instead of being set in the US in the old west it's set in France during world war II. I think this is an awesome concept and even though the movie will most definitely be gruesome and violent I love Quentin Tarantino's brand of violence. Should be an interesting movie and should be a great one to watch. I will post a comment of what I thought of the movie once I see it, you should too.

referance: (1)Wikipedia 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)