in Search

1 vs. 100

Last post 06-19-2009 2:04 PM by Raikus. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2009 1:24 PM

• Raikus
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-27-2008
    • Tallahassee, FL
    • Posts 133

1 vs. 100

Live started beta testing a new massive multiplayer game based off the TV show 1 vs. 100 a few weeks ago. Last night I finally gave it a shot.

The first thing that's different is that 1 vs. 100 is run in scheduled blocks of time (30 minute intervals). Each game opens 5 minutes prior to start and runs for 37 questions. Just beware: the first time you play it will have you download the game. Then when you get into the lobby you have to download that individual game (the questions, etc.). By the time I had done all this the game was already on question 6. Depending on your download speed, you may want to show up as early as possible to get into a full game.

The interface is familiar to those who've seen 1 vs. 100 on TV. Your avatar has his or her own booth and you answer timed questions against 25,000 other people. That's right, 25,000 fellow Live members are usual competing along side you. The questions are fairly easy for trivia buffs with an occasional hard one or one that's specifically geared to a narrow knowledge base. You get three multiple choices per question and about 10 seconds to answer it. Your score depends on your speed of answering, how long you've kept a streak alive and how many of the "mob" miss the question.

Going back to question toughness, in my game there were about 5 questions out of 37 that I considered really hard and where only 20% or under of the mob guessed correctly. To combat those questions when you don't know the answer, 1 vs. 100 gives you a skip that you can use for every 3 question in a row you answer correctly. This helped preserve my streak last night when a few MLS questions came up (U.S. soccer, really people?).

There are three breaks in the game where you can check your stats against the entire mob and see how well you're doing. In addition, the game boils down your competition base to three other plays and lets you complete in a four person group. It's a very fun experience that will test your mental abilities, thumb spead and, most likely, your connection. Game in the primetime sessions starting after 8PM EST and you're eligible for prizes and more.

It's a great experience, check it out.

• 06-19-2009 1:37 PM In reply to

Re: 1 vs. 100

That's really interesting. I like quiz games right up to the point that I miss all of the questions. As long as I am smarter than half of the people there I think i'll be alright. Yeah and who watches MLS anyways? British people? I'll have to get on there and try this game out. You know how much it costs to download the game, or is it free. 

• 06-19-2009 2:04 PM In reply to

• Raikus
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-27-2008
    • Tallahassee, FL
    • Posts 133

Re: 1 vs. 100

willburns1:

You know how muc it costs to download the game, or is it free. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to mention that it is indeed free.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)