in Search

Is the iPhone Worth The Money?

Last post 11-18-2008 5:19 PM by kurt. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2008 4:36 PM

Is the iPhone Worth The Money?

My phone is on its last legs right now and my contract with Verizon is up. I'm seriously considering switching to AT&T to get an iPhone, but it's a $70 per month contract to get the cheapest iPhone plan. You have to lock into a 2 year contract, and most cell companies are not very open to cancellations. 

For those of you who have iPhones, are they worth the money? I love all the features and would love having a good phone for a change, but I also don't want to bite off more than I can chew financially. What are your thoughts on the matter? 

Filed under: ,
  • 11-14-2008 5:19 PM In reply to

Re: Is the iPhone Worth The Money?

The Answer to your question is YES a thousand times YES. I love mine it's great.

• 11-18-2008 4:11 PM In reply to

• kurt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-23-2007
    • Tallahassee FL
    • Posts 176

Yes it's worth it:)  You can watch movies on it, TV shows, Youtube, Music and buy TV shows and Movies and transfer them to your iTV or computer.  You can play games, keep organized, take photos, email, monitor your investments, keep up with sports, take notes, SMS, use a calculator, check the weather and use the internet.  You can manage your contacts, integrate with Yahoo email, Google email, Facebook, MySpace and AOL.  You can learn a new language, buy music, read over a thousand newspapers or magazines. You can use GPS, find local restaurants and get directions, use the alarm clock, stop watch, world clock, google earth and so so so much more.  You can even tell how fast your car is going and it's rate of acceleration and you can tell what song is playing on the radio and buy it.   Oh yeah, you can even call someone.   This phone is ridiculous, insane and the best product man ever made and my idol Steve Jobs. He is AMAZING!  
    George Kurt Artecona
  • 11-18-2008 4:29 PM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

I'm glad to hear this mini-laptop also works as a cellphone. My current phone doesn't do any of those things... it barely even works as a phone.  
    I can replace a lot of bulky things with one little device. For example:

1) Cell Phone 

2) Camera

3) Video game console

4) Schedule book

5) Roadmaps or GPS 

6) Blackberry for email

7) Laptop for internet browsing

8) TV and DVD Player

9) CD Player 

10) Pen and paper

11) Friends 

That's an entire suitcase worth of stuff I could fit into my pocket. Since I can't go anywhere without my favorite gaming console and a good TV, this will save me a lot of trouble hauling stuff around.

I have been extremely impressed with how Steve Jobs opened up the application development kit. That alone will mean this phone will constantly evolve along with the rest of the world. It was a bold but ingenious move to open up the programming software for the whole world to use, but I think it will revolutionize the whole industry and secure Apple's place in the world.

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
    Filed under:
  • 11-18-2008 4:30 PM In reply to

I want to have Steve Job's Babies!

• 11-18-2008 5:19 PM In reply to

• kurt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-23-2007
    • Tallahassee FL
    • Posts 176

What?  Will, OK I hope you mean kidnap his babies, and not actually have them, LOL;)  Is there a woman that you know of that is as cool as he is?  I like Grace Kelly but these days no classy amazingly talented girl comes to mind.

George Kurt Artecona
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)