in Search

Manufacturing has never BEEN so exciting!

Last post 07-17-2008 3:03 PM by TheDifficultSecondAlbum. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2008 1:18 PM

Manufacturing has never BEEN so exciting!

I'm fairly new to the corp and must firstly appologise for the shamelessly attention grabbing title that has little or no bearing on the post and may well mislead some of our more impressionable members… Anyway, im aiming for a spot as a full time/large scale manufacturer for the corp and am (and will continue) pumping my skills into industry ones, but im wondering when we're going to take a bold step across the not quite as exciting (sorry again) threshold into this new business arena. My questions are thus: 1) How are we going to organise the large raw material gathering/production/sale and who wants to/will be looking after which bit; 2) any particular BPOs to look out for/does anyone know of some particularly profitable goods etc; and 3) where should i be looking to put my skills, bearing in mind a fairly long term timescale. If anyone could help with any of these points it'd be greatly appreciated :D
  • 07-17-2008 2:21 PM In reply to

Re: Manufacturing has never BEEN so exciting!

I'll choose to look the other way from your blatantly misleading title... this time.

I'm very happy to see your interest in manufacturing. We have mining and trading down very well and we're raking in the cash on those fronts, but if we can bridge the gap of manufacturing, we should be in very good shape. We have a lot of particulars to work out and no one is currently much of a large scale manufacturer as of yet. I'm learning, but still have a lot to learn. I'll try to answer as best I can so far.

1) Because our corp has become very self-sufficient recently, we have dropped the corp tax to 5%, and converted it to 5% of the ore instead of 5% of the tax. Yes, thanks to Artisan's market trading skills, we're pretty well set for cash for now. The ore is slowly pilling into the corp manufacturing supply. If you're up for it, I'd like to designate you as our upcoming main manufacturer. I'll help a bit but your skills will probably surpass mine soon. I'm sure Artisan will still look after the selling of the produced items, and probably help us get BPOs for building. This should make us entirely self-sufficient and allow for maximized profits.

2) I don't know too much about the market and Artisan will probably have a lot more info for you. If you can set yourself up to start making tech 2 items, those all look very profitable (and very useful for our corp as well). Cargo expander 2s and Miner 2s both require quite a bit of skills to tech out, but sell for a lot of cash. I make Hammerhead and Hobgoblin combat drones, which may be worth making yourself. The BPOs were pretty cheap if I remember correctly and it seems like everyone uses them. With the number of drones I find abandoned in the belts, people probably buy a lot of them too. Also Tractor Beams seem pretty profitable. I've been making them myself and getting a decent profit.

3) First of all Memory, Intelligence, and Learning skills are pretty good to boost at first. These speed up all other skills. Then I'd go for "Production Efficiency" which reduces materials needed in production by 4% per skill lv (thats huge). "Mass Production" lets you make more items at once (1 per lv). If you can find a lab for researching blueprints, you may want to train up the skills that reduce the research times on these. That's a start anyway. I'll let you know more when I learn more ;)

• 07-17-2008 3:03 PM In reply to

Re: Manufacturing has never BEEN so exciting!

Well, i'd definitely like to be able to play an important part in our new ventures if you'd give it the go ahead from the higher ups :D I should have a decent skill base in a while, till then any more tips/help would be appreciated. ive had a little scout around and i'll probably set my camp up in heorah, as theres everything i need in terms of research/invention slots and only a jump away from agal and ebasez. Thanks again for you help :D
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)