in Search

The Incredible Hulk

Last post 07-18-2008 6:04 PM by Cae. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2008 10:53 AM

• Cae
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 74

The Incredible Hulk

I saw the new - and MUCH improved! - Incredible Hulk on opening weekend. I don't know how many times this movie has been remade, but the last one was entirely forgettable. However, this one impressed me and entertained the whole way through. I'm the type who will enjoy a good Batman movie for the fun value, but isn't obsessed with comics and their characters. In this movie, they did a good job at developing Edward Norton's character as Bruce/The Hulk and went deeper into HOW he became able to turn huge, green and mean when angry, not to mention how he had to learn to deal while being chased by many. (I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet.) It was a bit of spy-like entertainment, mixed with a dash of quiet introspection, a sprinkling of romance and a heaping spoonful of creepy-bad-guy/good-guy fights which were entirely entertaining. Liv Tyler plays the sweetheart to Norton's character and I loved the way they wove her storyline. It wasn't the obvious kind of romance-working-out ease, there were more twists and turns that added to the movie's interest. And for those of you who are into everything blowing up in a movie, there's no shortage here. While I'd gone for the fun factor of the movie, I left with a much more satisfied and enjoyable experience. Anyone else?

*Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.*
    Filed under: ,
  • 06-26-2008 10:58 AM In reply to

Re: The Incredible Hulk

Thanks for the input, Cae. We were not going to try it because we were disappointed with the last one. Maybe this one will make up for it. We used to watch the series years ago.

• 06-26-2008 12:00 PM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

The first rendition of the Incredible Hulk was so forgettable I actually forgot to go see it. I never heard anything good said about it, which probably led to my general disinterest. From what I heard it was just a classic Jeckyll and Hyde movie about a guy who turned green and got SO ANGRY he had to go on rampage and destroy everything.

I think I'll actually go see this one and by the sound of it, probably enjoy it too.  

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 07-18-2008 3:12 PM In reply to

• Cae
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 74

Parker,

If you were disappointed with the last "Hulk", trust me, you're in good company. I don't think I've heard one good review, even from friends who saw it years ago. Honestly, I don't even remember who was in it! Very sad. Having said that, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the remake. (Maybe Hollywood got too many protests about how awful the last one was, forcing them to make this recent one!). It's still a comic book movie, but not nearly as trite as I expected. Let me know what you think when you go!

• 07-18-2008 4:41 PM In reply to

It's a good thing you reminded me about this movie. I nearly forgot to go see the new one. Sometimes I'm just in the mood for some good clean superhero rampage. It makes movies better when they have some plot to them. Sometimes you just need a little backbone in your movies.

That's my way of the ninja!

• 07-18-2008 6:04 PM In reply to

• Cae
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 74

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my last post that while most of the reviews about the Hulk made a few years ago were poor, nearly all of the reviews I've heard about the current Hulk have been great. Everyone I've talked to loved it and said it basically redeemed the last one. Hope this helps! Enjoy! Movie 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)