in Search

Florida Caverns State Park in Marianna, FL

Last post 05-22-2008 12:08 PM by mike. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2008 5:02 PM

Florida Caverns State Park in Marianna, FL

Florida Caverns State Park is located in Marianna, Florida, about an hour west of the state capital, Tallahassee. Florida has extremely porous ground which leads to caverns, sink holes, and underground streams. This park has all of that and is the only state park in Florida that offers cave tours to the public. There are plenty of other things to do as well: camping, swimming, fishing, picnicking, canoeing, boating, hiking, bicycling, and horseback riding (if you bring your own horse). Park entrance fee: $4/vehicle. Cave tour: Age 13 and up $8, Age 3 to 12 $5, Age 2 and under free.

3345 Caverns Road
    Marianna, Florida 32446
    Phone: 850-482-9598

May you live every day of your life.
  • 05-22-2008 10:41 AM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Re: Florida Caverns State Park in Marianna, FL

I went there once when I was very young but I haven't been there in years. Now that you mention it, I think I need to go back there and see it again. I remember being in total awe at the beauty of the caves. Then again I was very little and it was the first big cave I had seen. I'm sure it would be a really fun trip though. I'll add it to the list of places to take my girlfriend once she's feeling better.
    Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 05-22-2008 11:58 AM In reply to

Thanks for the reminder, Blogette. This is one of those places I've been meaning to visit...for the last 20 years! I'm always shocked when I hear of New Yorkers who've never been to the top of the Empire State Building, or taken the ferry out to the Statue of Liberty, and yet... 

• 05-22-2008 12:08 PM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

I know the feeling. My dad and I were at a big event on the Capitol and I asked if we could go up to the top. He was astounded when he realized that the last time I had been up there was when I was about 5 and my mom, dad, and I used to eat lunch with him there. I always had meant to go back up but just never got around to it. When we got up there I was amazed at the view and couldn't believe I hadn't seen it in so long. I guess you look at a place differently when you have lived there your whole life. I'm putting together a list of places I need to visit again now that I'm an adult.
    Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)