in Search

How to Create an Avatar (User Picture)

Last post 04-10-2008 8:53 AM by Cae. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2008 3:17 PM

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

How to Create an Avatar (User Picture)

You will notice a default grayed out face next to your forum posts and in your profile. This is the place for your Avatar or user picture. This picture will appear next to all of your posts. It is in effect the graphical representation that personifies you on our forums, so choose a picture that fits your personality. You can change your avatar at any time.

First go to the "Edit Profile" link on the top right corner of the homepage. You will notice multiple tabs that you can edit. Click the "Avatar" tab. Make sure the "Enable Avatar" button is clicked to "Yes". Click on the "Browse" button and select the file you would like to use as an avatar. Because of the way it compresses the picture, try to edit the image to small square dimensions (preferably less than 500x500).

Once you have selected the file, click the "Update" button. Wait until your browser finishes fully loading the page. Do not click "Save". When it has finished loading, refresh the page and you should see your avatar. Sometimes it takes a few minutes before your avatar appears. If you don't see your picture appearing at the top of the page, repeat the process of uploading your picture.

If you need any help getting your avatar working, post a reply here and I will help you as soon as possible.  

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 04-09-2008 4:10 PM In reply to

Re: How to Create an Avatar (User Picture)

Thanks, Mike! Check out my new Avatar.

• 04-09-2008 4:31 PM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Very nice. I'm glad to see it worked for you. 

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 04-10-2008 8:51 AM In reply to

• Cae
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 74

Okay, so the whole time I thought I had my avatar on there correctly, it wasn't posted at all. Because, by normal computer logic, one "Saves" any changes made. Hah! Go figure that in this case, it wasn't the formula for sucess. (By the by, you might want to make that really clear in your "How To" section if it applies to other things.) Thanks, though, for the info. It was helpful. Yes

*Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.*
  • 04-10-2008 8:53 AM In reply to

• Cae
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 74

Funky cake, parker. Wanna share with the rest of the class?? Yum... Wink

*Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.*
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)