in Search

Ichetucknee Springs

Last post 04-10-2008 5:24 PM by parker. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-02-2008 10:41 AM

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Ichetucknee Springs

While most people stick to Florida's beaches, some of the most beautiful and lush parts of Florida are its rivers. Ichetucknee Springs State Park is on one of the most pristine and beautiful rivers in Florida. Visitors can hike, picnic, snorkel, or float in the beautiful crystal clear waters.

You can visit the headwaters of the river as they pour out of the natural spring pictured here. You can dive down and swim into the current as it bubbles up out of the earth.

The river itself is surrounded by a lush jungle-like forest full of wildlife. Visitors can rent rafts to float down the river on, or freely swim through the water. The river is crystal clear, making it lots of fun to strap on some snorkeling gear and cruise along with the current. An observant swimmer can even sometimes find ancient fossils on the riverbed. 

I highly recommend any visitors to Florida to take a cruise on this beautiful river. Ichetucknee Springs is located in Ft. White Florida. Admission is $5 per vehicle. Be sure to bring additional cash to rent inner tubes if you don't bring your own. To preserve the wildlife habitat, the park stops admitting visitors after a certain number of people have been admitted so be sure to show up very early to make sure you can get in. It's a long drive and you wouldn't want to be turned away for arriving too late. You will also probably want to go on a very sunny day. The river is always exactly 73 degrees year round because it comes right out of the earth. It is very easy to become hypothermic in the water, but the sun will keep you warm. I have been to this river many times and it's definitely worth the trip. Check out their website HERE.

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 04-10-2008 5:24 PM In reply to

Re: Ichetucknee Springs

It is so beautiful there and riding the inner tube on a gorgeous day is at the top of my list!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)