in Search

Fallout 3

Last post 02-24-2009 4:19 PM by willburns1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-22-2008 2:49 PM

Fallout 3

I can't believe no one has mentioned Fallout 3 on this board! Maybe you are all still playing it and can't pull yourselves away from teh console long enough to post - heh. This will win many GOTY awards. It has to. Just the damn size of this game makes it the best release this year. I love the targeting system and the slow-mo replays.

The best thing is, kinda like Fable 2, this game allows you to make your own choices and be as badass - or goodass - as you like. There are multiple ways of solving quests through speaking, sneaking and just plain old killing. Unlike Fable 2 the action doesn't start to get repetive or boring, in my opinion. There are hundreds of placed to explore, tons of weapons to get and craft and a crap load of quests to follow through on. Basically whatever type of game player you are your needs will be satiated with this game. Just beware. It has addictive properties. Not WOW addictive - but what really is outside a coke/heroin mixer - but you may be rolling in to class the next day much tireder than usual.

• 02-23-2009 11:36 AM In reply to

Re: Fallout 3

I hate responding to myself, but it looks like no one plays Fallout 3 here. That is a shame.

They just came out with an expansion pack called "Operation Anchorage" that takes you back to the (virutal) fight versus the Chinese for Anchorage, Alaska. It's 800 points and provides a few more hours of fun (if you're like me and maxed out the game by playing it way, way to much).

There are future expansion packs coming out as well, including "The Pitt" which takes you to Pittsburg and one that increases the level cap from 20 to 30. Can't wait for those.

Anyway, if you get the chance to play Fallout 3, do it. It is by far the best game of 2008.

• 02-24-2009 4:19 PM In reply to

Re: Fallout 3

I started to play Fallout but I am not sure what kind of time I am going to be able to devote to the game. It's not exactly a game that you can just pickup and play for 30 minutes. I mean the intro to the game takes like an hour to get through. Oh by the way I killed the bully at the beginning. I don't put up with that stuff man. I even tried to save his mother but I acidentily hit her with my lead pipe I had. So he came after me so I hit him with the pipe until he was on the ground. HAHA sorry got a little dark there. anyways looks like a great game I love the targeting system thing, it's a very interesting shooter concept. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)