in Search

Skillet

Last post 07-30-2008 6:37 PM by Cae. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2008 5:57 PM

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Skillet

Another of my favorite bands is Skillet. They are much like Kutless in that they blend beautiful instrumental music with heavy electronic rock. The sound is extremely powerful. The lyrics are also very poetic and compelling. They have a wide range of music from the quiet "Yours to Hold" to the riveting "Rebirth". Here's a couple of my favorite songs available to view on YouTube.

Rebirth:

Those Nights:

Yours To Hold:

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 07-29-2008 1:55 PM In reply to

• Jon
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-06-2008
    • Posts 112

Re: Skillet

I only recently discovered Skillet, but I was immediately taken by their sound. I especially like their blend of classical strings and heavy electric guitar in some of their songs.

• 07-30-2008 6:37 PM In reply to

• Cae
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 74

Re: Skillet

Skillet has risen to the my personal Top Ten in the music department! I hadn't known much about them until more recently, besides the few songs they'd play on the Christian radio station. A friend gave me Comatose, their latest CD (I believe it is anyway!) and I'm hooked. I love the first track, "Rebirthing" and it's powerful instrumentals blended with a strong rock beat. It's a unique sound, similar to Evanescence (who I also happen to like). The more I've heard this CD, the more I've picked up on a huge variety of harmonies in the background, especially with vocals. Initially, you only hear the lead singer, a raspy, edgy guy with heart in his voice. But then as I listened more, I heard more of a female vocal harmony and I loved the sound even more. She has the same vocal qualities as the male lead, which is good because they blend better. If you're into this kind of music, try this CD.

*Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.*
    Filed under: ,
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)