in Search

Rogue: Talent Points

Last post 12-10-2008 12:57 PM by Apathy. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2008 2:05 PM

Rogue: Talent Points

To start off with talent points are like extra bonuses to class traits. There are 3 categories of talents you can choose from Assasination  Subtlety and Combat. In my opinion subtlety is one of the more important in the category. There are 10 or more valuble abilities that will benifit you in the long run such as: Preperation-click once and it finishes the cooldown of vanish evasion sprint cold blood shadowstep and premeditation(with a cool down of 10 mins), all of which are invaluble to a rogues arsenal. In my past expiriences I discovered that the path i took through the talent tree was no necesarily the best one! I found out later on that one of the best ways to go was through the branch of Subtlety. No these might not help imedietly,, but what does? The Subtlety branch will pay off once you get around 35pts+. What to do in the main time? Invest your points where you see fit. Most should go towards Combat, it has many benifits towards rogues at lower levels. One such is Dual wield specialization, this perc evens out the damage gap between the main and offhand damage, and along with that-Improved sprint gives a %50 chance to remove all movement impairing effects(along with being another invakuble move to escape from tricky situations)! Two of the main reasons why I chose Subtlety is because of Hemorrhage and cheat death. Hemorrhage take 10 less energy to use than Sinister strike thus more attacks for a rogue. Cheat death when fully used gives a 100% chance to dodge an attack that would otherwise kill you and ruduce damage taken by 90% for 3 seconds giving the rogue a chance to use Vanish or Shadowstep. When you get to 35 points go to a rogue trainer and relearn you talents and put them towards Subtlety. Only cost 1g then 5g and keeps increasing for each succesive relearn. A reminder !? this is just a strategy not an exact dimension to follow, some things can changes based upon your individual preferances, but this was the path that i took to get to where Iam.                                  Thejokester Shadowmoon  Check me out?

Filed under:
  • 04-30-2008 2:28 PM In reply to

Re: Rogue: Talent Points

You know, I was battling a rogue in Battlegrounds and he just would not die. This explains a lot. I never knew where to even start with rogue talents. They look like they should be so easy at first but they are an extremely complicated and intricate class. I'll have to try those out if I ever get a rogue to a high enough level to use talents. Thanks for the post, it's a lot of really good info.
  • 12-10-2008 12:57 PM In reply to

Re: Rogue: Talent Points

All of this rogue talk is making me nastalgic. I loved evasion+prep+evasion. It kept me alive many, many times.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)