in Search

Favorite Music Groups: Kutless

Last post 06-23-2008 10:40 AM by emcee christmas. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2008 4:53 PM

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Favorite Music Groups: Kutless

I think my all time favorite group is Kutless. They blend beautiful and touching and incredibly intricate orchestration with the energy and power of rock music. Unlike most harder music, it has moving and poetic lyrics as well. It all melts into a moving and enjoyable experience. They have a huge variety of music from quiet and beautiful to fast and powerful.

Here's a few music videos on Youtube (A lot are just vid clips to the songs, but still pretty cool.) Check em out and let me know what you think.

All Alone 

Sea of Faces

Strong Tower

More Than It Seems

Shut Me Out

Your Touch

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 04-23-2008 5:04 PM In reply to

Re: Favorite Music Groups: Kutless

I LOVE Kutless. They are definitely one of my favorites. I think if I had to pick a favorite song off the top of my head right now... it would either be All Alone or Promise of a lifetime.

Here is a link to Promise of a Lifetime

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xhDh3QTyqKg

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.

- Andrew S. Tanenbaum
  • 04-23-2008 5:49 PM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

They really are a uniquely good group aren't they? It's so funny listening to one of their really quiet songs, then cranking up one of their hard rocking out songs and realizing they're the same group. They really hit the whole spectrum. I wish I could find more of my favorite songs on youtube but I guess that sampling will have to do.  

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 06-16-2008 10:01 AM In reply to

I've just come off a long road trip with a child who has recently discovered the tweener band "Naked Brothers Band." In exchange for letting me listen to some of my music on the way down to St. Pete, I let him listen to his favorite over, and over, and over...I may never be the same.

On the up side, until now his favorite CD was "1968: The Summer of Love." I rarely get to see my sister, and one of the best times we've had together for a long time was the trip to the airport with all three of us singing along!

Other than that, apropos of my age, I'm still loving Van Morrison, Bruce Springsteen and U2. Thank goodness they're still producing relevant, poetic, grown up music instead of trying to make a buck on their oldies hits ! A new favorite is Amy Winehouse, but I'm starting to have a hard time separating her music from her way too dramatic life.

• 06-23-2008 10:40 AM In reply to

Re: Writer Lady Likes the Boss

i know you said you like that the boss is still producing relevant music, and i can't whole heartedly second that opinion. that said, nebraska remains an all time favorite for me. sometimes things don't need to be timely or classic to stay potent.

and then, speaking of older dudes who've been rocking non-stop for decades (none of the "come-back" stuff or rehashing their early works), how 'bout that neil young? despite getting really billy loel-ish for a minute in the early 80s, he's got a real ability to stay fresh and move with the times. as a bonus, i heard that wacky techno album he did at the end of the 90s (?) was because his kids didn't like his songs and he wanted to make something for them that they'd like. i think that's sweet.

emcee christmas
    Currents&Waves
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)