in Search

Xbox Live Update Today November 17, 2009 Twitter, Facebook, and Last.fm, Zune Store

Last post 11-17-2009 1:12 PM by willburns1. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2009 1:12 PM

Xbox Live Update Today November 17, 2009 Twitter, Facebook, and Last.fm, Zune Store

Today is the day for the Xbox Live update that will bring Twitter, Facebook, Last.fm, and the Zune Store to the Xbox 360. The update is a pretty good one. I got the chance to see the update before most people because I was part of the live preview. So I have had the chance to play with the Twitter and Facebook applications and I think they are neat but there isn't a lot of use for them on the Xbox. The Facebook application is nice because you can view all your photos on your TV with is a nice feature, but other than that I can't see myself using them that much.Primarily because they don't integrate into the system so it's not like you are going to get Facebook or Twitter notifications while your playing Left 4 Dead, which is probably a good thing.

The Last.fm application is by far my favorite new application. It allows you to play music from Last.fm while a slide show of the band plays on the TV. This is a perfect application for parties, providing a large range of music in a specific genre. Last.fm is of course very much like Pandora radio, allowing you to make a station based on a artist. The website them plays music that is similar to the artist you based the station on. A very handy thing to have on your xbox.

The last application is the Zune Store, which I think is awful. Yes, Yes they allow you to rent movies in 1080p but it costs you are arm and a leg to do it. If it was $1 to rent a movie I think I might do it, but not for $5 - $6, when I get a whole month of Netflix for $8.99 with unlimited HD instant watch. I think they need to get their prices down before something like that will really take off. Of course everything in my opinion is over priced on the Microsoft Market place, but such is life.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)