in Search

I can't believe how many people have had their identities stolen!

Last post 11-25-2008 12:25 PM by Blogette. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2008 10:37 AM

I can't believe how many people have had their identities stolen!

It happened again! I work for a small company with only eight employees, and--that I know of--five of us have been victims of identity theft, credit card fraud or signicant data breaches!

My husband and I: We had two incidents, years apart, where someone used our debit card number to make thousands of dollars in Internet purchases.

Employee 2: Recently got a letter telling her she was part of this year's New York Mellon Bank breach that exposed the information of 12.5 million customers.

Employee 3: House broken into and all financial information rifled through.

Employee 4: Just left his job at Starbucks three months ago; waiting for letter telling him he's among the 90,000 Starbucks employees whose information was on the laptop announced stolen this week.

Employee 5: Lost wallet and thieves used documentation and credit cards.

This is insane! I think LifeLock is the biggest identity theft protection company. Anyone know for sure? I know they have over 1 million customers. Blogette, is this one you'd recommend? Have they been easy to work with?

• 11-25-2008 12:25 PM In reply to

Re: I can't believe how many people have had their identities stolen!

I would recommend LifeLock. I found a really good LifeLock promotion code. I did try another product for a while, but I wound up going back to LifeLock. I feel secure knowing I have identity theft protection.

May you live every day of your life.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)