in Search

The New Xbox Live Experience

Last post 12-08-2008 4:13 PM by willburns1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2008 5:14 PM

The New Xbox Live Experience

I got a notification in my email that the new Xbox Live Experience will go live soon. This will apparently revamp the interface and allow people to create customized character avatars to interact with others. It is also bringing NetFlix movies to stream directly to your console. These movies will arrive in HD format and should be better than DVD quality. It will require a NetFlix membership sold separately, but it's not a huge expense when compared to renting like.. 1 movie per month. This could well be the end of video stores as we know it.  

Filed under: , ,
  • 12-08-2008 1:57 PM In reply to

• Raikus
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-27-2008
    • Tallahassee, FL
    • Posts 133

Re: The New Xbox Live Experience

I LOVE the new Dashboard. The new avatars are nice and cutesy, but not that big of a draw for me. However, the new shortcuts available through the X button are wonderful. Lately I've been watching a lot of streaming Netflix movies. With my cable modem the quality is easily on par with DVDs and takes about 20 seconds to start streaming. I've also started using the Media Center program with videos on my laptop. The 360 is quickly becoming my go-to media center device.

I'm almost hesitant to say it but... good job Microsoft?

• 12-08-2008 4:13 PM In reply to

Re: The New Xbox Live Experience

I guess you can say good job Microsoft because they already had their big blunder with the xbox. The Whole Red Ring of death issue where everyone's xboxs were dying on them. So now that the issue has been resolved they have a pretty good product. They keep improving it and making it better. I think that a lop of electronic companies make bad products because you don't spend enough time fixing and improving products.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)