in Search

The Impact of Inscription on Wrath of the Lich King Economy

Last post 11-21-2008 10:13 PM by Squeak. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-03-2008 11:45 AM

The Impact of Inscription on Wrath of the Lich King Economy

Inscription in the Wrath of the Lich King is very similar to the Jewelcrafting profession from Burning Crusade. When BC came out, suddenly everyone wanted to try out the new profession. There was a massive influx of jewels on the auction house, and everyone was buying up gems and ore at high prices to level their profession. It was a huge race to master the profession, and those who worked at it lost huge amounts of gold because of it. At the same time, those who farmed and sold ore were making out like bandits. The WoW economy works much like the real economy. With a huge increase in supply of jewelcrafting products, their sheer number drove prices down to nothing. At the same time the demand for Jewelcrafting materials skyrocketed, and so did the price.

I would recommend waiting before you jump on the bandwagon and shoot for inscription greatness. I'm sure herb prices are insane right now and will probably continue until people tire of inscription. There is a short window of opportunity to make a killing selling herbs on auction house. There will probably also be so much competition that you won't make much profit from the new trade. That's just my recommendation, and I'm sure many will make good money after mastering the profession. Just make sure you're not one of the masses that put a lot into it and give up before you get any real returns.  

• 11-21-2008 10:13 PM In reply to

• Squeak
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 05-20-2008
    • SW WA
    • Posts 59

Re: The Impact of Inscription on Wrath of the Lich King Economy

I'm actually discovering that it wasn't inscription that killed the economy - it was the death knights. Most players of DK's went blacksmith, jewelcrafting, or a combination of the two. Granted, there are some scribes out there who bogged down the market - and some of them are Death Knights. There are also some enchanting or engineering DK's out there.

But the amazing amount of mats that are poured into blacksmith and jewelcrafting conspired to make miners rich come the Wrath release. Chances are, even so far after release, there's still money to be made.

Being sad is the same as giving up.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)