in Search

Favorite Instance

Last post 12-10-2008 12:49 PM by Apathy. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2008 6:25 PM

Favorite Instance

Whats YOUR favorite instance?? out of these choices.....=D

Whats your Favorite instance??

• Deadmines (0%)
    • Wailing Caverns (50%)
    • Shadowfang Keep (0%)
    • Gnomergan (0%)
    • Stockades (0%)
    • Razorfen Kraul (0%)
    • Blackfathom Deeps (0%)
    • Scarlet Monestary (50%)
    • Total Votes: 4
  • 05-12-2008 10:20 AM In reply to

Re: Favorite Instance

While most alliance rarely get to venture deep into horde territory to run horde instances, Wailing Caverns is definitely worth a try. It's a maze of caves and very easy to get lost in, which I hate, but it's also full of beautiful plant life and strange creatures to battle. It's infested with druids of the fang, who can turn into snakes and command pet cobras to attack you. It's also got its fair share of really cool looking elite raptors with black bodies and blue detail. They make excellent pets for low level hunters who want to look that much cooler. It's also got very good druid/shaman gear to be won.
  • 05-20-2008 4:23 PM In reply to

• Squeak
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 05-20-2008
    • SW WA
    • Posts 59

Hardest. Poll. Ever.

I have a deep love for the Deadmines. VC brings back such delicious memories. I love the pirate motif. I first ran with friends and that makes an instance that much more fun. It was also my first and is a short, fun instance filled with notable quotes. "YE LAND LUBBERS ARE TOUGHER THAN I THOUGHT!" It never fails to make me laugh as we goofily imitate all of the characters word for word. And really, who can forget about Cookie?

Wailing Caverns was amazingly beautiful. I spent my time leveling fishing here from 125 skill to 300. Two words: Deviate Delights.

Shadowfang Keep has the BEST music. Absolutely amazing music. I loved going here for my paladin even though it was quite the trip for her level.

Finally, Scarlet Monastary was so much fun. The first instance that featured multiple instances within one heading, had a great storyline that continued well into warcraft lore, had some amazing pieces, and could be run again and again without seeming to bore a group. This is also an instance with some quotables ("Release the hounds!") and hits about that time where your class just begins to feel like your own due to the customization of the talent trees. You have 31 point talents by this time, or most likely can access them, and each player begins to fill a role as opposed to merely zerging through the content.

I will have to vote for SM, because that's when I decided healing was absolutely it for me.

Being sad is the same as giving up.
  • 05-20-2008 4:46 PM In reply to

I used to love running lowbies through VC just for fun. I once killed the final boss with nothing but my pet chicken and mechanical dragon. I also used to love the parrots you could get there. And the armor you could pick up just looked so cool on rogues, shammies, and hunters.

I never once heard the SM music. I always played with the music off. Now I will forever regret it.

I think I have to vote for WC as my favorite instance, just because it's so cool and has those awesome deviate fish.  

• 12-10-2008 12:49 PM In reply to

Just based on cool value, Gnomergen would be my favorite. But the bosses are really crappy and I remember running that instance infinitum for the dagger that drops off the rare ooze creature. Still though, on aesthetics Gnomer has it.

My favorite though would have to be SM. Sure, it's a pain in the ass to get to (as an alliance character - lucky horde) but it had all kinds of diversity and really, really good loot. I still like the Graveyard the best. And the portal chamber was always fun as a rogue. You could gank the horde that decided to try and kill the alliance coming out of the instances. Good times.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)