in Search

How do Blogiversity's site metrics work?

Last post 05-06-2008 5:56 PM by mike. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2008 5:39 PM

• Romo
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Florida
    • Posts 98

How do Blogiversity's site metrics work?

Dear Blogiversity...

I don't understand how the "points" work. Today me and another blogger noticed that sometimes, for example, Blogger A will have more posts (as tallied on their profile page) than Blogger B, yet Blogger B will have a higher number of points listed on their profile. What's behind that?

Along the same lines, how come the site's home page sometimes shows a blog post has 0 views but 1 (or more!) comments?

And, what are those stars on some posts about?

Finally, is there a place I can look for answers to these kinds of questions?

Thanks! 

Filed under:
  • 05-06-2008 5:56 PM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Re: How do Blogiversity's site metrics work?

Thanks for asking, Romo.

First of all, the points are currently on a very basic system. You are awarded 2 points for posting, and 2 points for each reply your post generates. We have this in place to reward bloggers for not just the number of posts they write but also for sparking good discussions. The key to getting lots of points is not only writing a lot of good posts, but also making them inviting for other bloggers to respond to.

About the posts displaying 0 views, there is a glitch in the system that doesn't properly display the views on a post. We are looking into this.

The stars listed next to your posts are the quality ratings. Each blogger that reads your post has the option of rating your blog post by clicking the rating they think is appropriate. Most posts with high star ratings will be posts that readers found to be good. Posts with one star are seen as posts of lesser quality. Posts with no stars at all have not been rated. This rating is an average of all the ratings given by all the bloggers who rated a post. It can go up or down as more people rate it.

As far as a place to ask questions like this, I'm very glad you asked. We just created the Blogiversity Questions forum for this type of feedback.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions.  

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)