in Search

Rogues compared to Warriors

Last post 04-29-2008 1:12 PM by arceus. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-27-2008 3:51 PM

Rogues compared to Warriors

I once had a level 36 warrior.  And on that warrior, I could take on about two monsters that were level 35.  Then I made a rogue, and got him up to level 18.  And on that rogue, I could take on four monsters that were level 17.  It doesn't make much sense to me lol  Warriors have way more armor than rogues do.  Also on my warrior I used a two handed weapon which dealt alot of damage.  But still, could only take on two at once.  But on the rogue, the sapping skill is what makes the rogue class so much better.  Even though they have lower armor, all you gotta do is sap the monsters, and take them on one at a time.

Just someone I found interesting, not sure how much you'll understand because i'm really tired and it seemed like I was babbling lol.

• 04-28-2008 10:38 AM In reply to

Re: Rogues compared to Warriors

LoL I know what you mean though. Sometimes huge DPS is so much better than massive armor. Warriors are great but not specialized for incapacitating and quickly ripping apart enemies as rogues are. That is probably the biggest difference between them. Warriors are meant for endurance, not so much damage. They can do really good damage too, but they have to sacrifice a lot of their resilience for that. As they grow in levels, warriors can take on much more power through their weapons. Rogues get a lot of their power from their skills. So gear plays much more of a part later on.

Strangely enough, I have a druid with over 20,000 armor and 10,000 hp. My lock with about 1,000 armor and around 3,000 hp can actually kill more enemies at once. She just kills them so fast they don't get many chances to hit her.  

• 04-29-2008 12:12 PM In reply to

Ah yea DPS.  I'v been playing since december and I just recently learned what DPS was.  I didn't even think about that when I wrote that lol But I guess the warrior class is mainly for tanking.  And the mistake I made with my first warrior was wielding a two handed axe, and giving up my shield.  Which lowered my armor greatly, which in turn, didn't make me a good tank.

• 04-29-2008 1:12 PM In reply to

Yep, it's always a tough call when deciding how to gear your character. I made it easy/hard on myself. I keep a full set of armor on each character for its different roles. For example, my warrior, as low level as he was, had a full suit of armor specialized in massive DPS. I used this for questing and soloing so I could kill at max speed. I had another full set of armor for tanking that maxed out my armor and stamina. It made me really hard to kill in instances. It takes a lot of bag space, so I sometimes keep my instance gear in the bank. The second set of armor will also cost a good deal of cash so make sure to keep up a steady cash supply.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)