in Search

Object Dock

Last post 06-17-2009 10:03 AM by willburns1. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2008 4:53 PM

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Object Dock

When people see my computer, the first thing they usually ask is, "Is that a Mac?" This is because of my Object Dock shortcut menu. This menu system functions just like the Macintosh menu but it works for Windows. It allows you to customize the menu to include any applications and folders you want shortcuts to. It displays them with custom icons. You can change just about any setting with it, and set it to disappear until you mouse to the top or bottom of your screen. It will also automatically display the time and weather in your local area. It also allows you to browse your folders with drop down menus so you can browse for and directly open a file without opening any of the folders it is located in.

This is what my desktop looks like. When Object Dock invisible, the whole screen is almost completely clear.  

Object Dock is completely free software. Just remember, it consumes a lot of RAM for its high rez icons, so don't install it if your RAM is low.

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 06-16-2009 12:48 PM In reply to

Re: Object Dock

Object dock is cool but I think RocketDock is better. It is basicly the same but I think RocketDock works fast and better. It seems to not take up muck memorie and flows a lot nicer.

• 06-16-2009 4:05 PM In reply to

I tried RocketDock, but anytime I clicked on an icon, it would open a new instance of the program instead of switching to the already running program. I wound up with 15 programs open instead of 5.

May you live every day of your life.
  • 06-17-2009 10:03 AM In reply to

there's an option in the settings to prevent that. All you have to do is go into the settings and find the checkbox that mentions something about the "instance" of a program and when you click on it, it will again it will go to the program that is already open.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)