in Search

Winamp Digital Media Player

Last post 03-28-2008 10:31 AM by Altair. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2008 3:35 PM

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Winamp Digital Media Player

Winamp is a highly versatile digital media player and it's FREE. It functions much like Windows Media Player, but has far more capabilities. It is compatible with many more music and video formats. It also has built in features such as streaming TV and radio. It has a fully functioning library and can do all the playlist features necessary for your music enjoyment.

What really sets it apart is its visualizations. It uses the waves of your music to generate amazingly intricate and beautiful visual pictures that dance along with your music. I admit, sometimes I love just watching the art unfold. There are literally thousands of variations and each transition into different effects. I don't think I have ever seen the same thing twice. And if the default visuals aren't good enough for you, there are hundreds of custom created user visualizations available on their website for free.

I also love the look and feel of the media player. It can be split up into multiple windows that you can arrange, or shrunk into a tiny bar at the top or bottom of your screen. You can customize the colors to your liking, or install custom skins created by users for free.

Give it a try for free at http://www.winamp.com/

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 03-28-2008 10:31 AM In reply to

Re: Winamp Digital Media Player

I LOVE this media player. It has the coolest visualizations of any program I've ever seen. And I love the way you can turn it into a tiny little bar to play music without being in the way. On the picture I can barely even see it at the bottom of the screen above the start bar. I like how you can turn it transparent so when you aren't touching it, it fades to almost invisible. Oh and if you happen to have a projector that you can point at a dance floor you can make some sweet lighting effects to the music.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)