in Search

New iPhone launch may be delayed.

Last post 03-19-2008 1:15 PM by ShadowSamus. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-19-2008 12:00 PM

• Rodger
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-14-2008
    • Posts 4

New iPhone launch may be delayed.

AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson stated that the next-generation of the iPhone will be sporting a 3G radio and will be available in 2008. Now, he didn't mention when in 2008, but other rumors have indicated that a Q1 2008 launch was in the works.

Well that time has all but passed and the revised launch window predicted to extend into mid-summer of 2008. According to a note from UBS global equity research analyst Nicolas Gaudois, Apple has called upon German chip-maker Infineon to build the main guts of the next-gen 3G iPhone. This new chipset, which includes a digital baseband controller, power management unit (PMU), and radio frequency (RF) module, will bring a 3G HSDPA-enabled iPhone to market. Thus bringing you faster data speeds. Very important to the web-surfing revolution the iPhone is bringing about.

On a side note The Blackberry 8820 is now rumoured to have delays. Even when it does release it still will not be 3G, have a camera or a real Instant messaging client. Bad news for the RIM company.

• 03-19-2008 1:12 PM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

Re: New iPhone launch may be delayed.

I was originally hoping to limp by on my evil undead cell phone until I could get one of the new models of iPhones. By undead cell phone, I mean it went in a swimming pool, died, and came back to life 2 weeks later to haunt me. It now causes all kinds of problems and barely works right. I think I may need to finish it off with a silver bullet when I finally get a new phone. I was hoping the new iPhone would be coming out in the next couple months, but I may have to wait a while. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Those upgrades look like they will really improve the performance of the hardware. I think the new iPhone will probably finish Blackberry off as it has so much more functionality. It's survival of the fittest out there and the iPhone is evolving much faster.
    Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 03-19-2008 1:15 PM In reply to

Re: New iPhone launch may be delayed.

I'm still holding my breath on these new iPhones. I cant wait till they release the new hardware to go with the new Software Development features. I'm hoping they make some really good games to go with it so we can have a really good PSP/Nintendo DS level handheld gaming console in our phones. If they get enough games I think ill have to get one too.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)