in Search

Bye Bye Blackberry

Last post 03-14-2008 5:59 PM by Rodger. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2008 5:59 PM

• Rodger
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-14-2008
    • Posts 4

Bye Bye Blackberry

I think the new software for the iPhone will be the last nail in the Blackberry coffin. This new software is a huge deal. Now the iPhone can become a useful tool to the Nth degree. But you say wait there are systems using palm OS or a Microsoft mobile OS. First off anything running on a Microsoft mobile OS will not work in a reliable and consistent fashion. Palm is decent stuff, but there are very few enterprise level applications for it. Not to mention its popularity compare to the iPhone is not nearly as fanatical. I have owned a Palm OS phone. It was nice. Downloading applications was neither fun nor easy. The iPhone int is short time on the market is already more popular than the Palm phones and catching up quickly with the Blackberry phones. Windows mobile should just stay at home.

Now with iPhone you will download all applications wirelessly directly from Apple much like buying a song from iTunes. All these new apps will be authorized and tested by Apple so that the user receives a great product that just works. Ergo Apple's forteĀ“ The free SDK and low cost into the Apple Developer program will allow a enormous amount of talent to easily distribute their apps. No hunting for some vague website that can't get itself organically listed in a top 10 google.com or yahoo.com search.

Now AT&t just needs to lower the barrier for a younger demographic of gamers cam get their hands on an iPhone and I gurantee it will then be more popular than Blackberry. If you are not an iPhone fan then this is not going to be a good year for you!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)