in Search

About Event Mode

Last post 03-21-2008 12:55 PM by Jon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2008 5:54 PM

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

About Event Mode

Event matches are some of the most creative and fun battles available in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. They pit you up against unusual preset battles with crazy conditions, usually themed from their game. In the old Smash, my favorite event was Godzilla Vs. King Kong. It set Giant Donkey Kong against Giant Bowser in a battle on top of skyscrapers in Earthbound. One example of the kind of battle you will be facing this time around is the Shadow Link battle pictured below. This brings back memories of battling my own shadow in the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. There is no telling what unusual and fun challenges await us in this mode.

This time around they have given us a very useful new feature. We can bring a friend into the battle with us to help combat our foes. This is sure to make the challenges much more fun and give us some much needed help from our friends.

Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 03-08-2008 11:39 AM In reply to

Re: About Event Mode

Event mode has always been one of my favorite modes in Super Smash Bros.  I can't wait to see the new ideas that have been used in Brawl.  The additions of two player mode and match difficulty will make this even more fun and lasting!

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.

Anton Chekhov
  • 03-19-2008 4:52 PM In reply to

• mike
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • Posts 960

I love the new difficulty modes they added to the challenges. Now you can scale them down to your skill level or make them extra challenging, depending on what you want to go up against. I love the multiplayer element too. It makes them so much more fun. There's something so enjoyable about unending final smashes and fun themed matches. They really unleashed their creativity in this mode.
    Every man dies, but few truly live. Live your life to its fullest, every day as if it were your last.
  • 03-21-2008 12:55 PM In reply to

• Jon
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-06-2008
    • Posts 112

I also really like that you can choose your difficulty. Keep in mind, though: you unlock more stuff by clearing events on Hard mode, so only resort to the easier difficulties if you have to.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)