Many of you may recall that my fellow first year classmate, Abbie, and I put our heads together and started the Indiana University African Languages Club. We knew that it was going to be a lot of work, but we managed to get all the stars to align in precisely the right manner, and all the paperwork filled out so that the university and our two departments approved our club. We spent a lot of the rest of the Fall semester trying to gain support for the IUALC by going around to the various language instruction classes on campus and pitching our ideas to the students. We also brought our ideas to the various language instructors and the head of the African Languages Program at IU. Every seemed to be pretty receptive, so we continued with our progress. We got a computer programmer to start building us a website for the group, and we started to get together some more ideas and figuring out how to run a club and get money for it. It's been slow going, but we're making a lot of progress...especially for two first year graduate students in a very intense program. Today, I made some personal progress for the IUALC, as I ended up designing and building a really nice poster to hang in our designated glass case in one of the busiest buildings on campus. We've also been invited to put up a small poster at the main library on campus as well...hooray for publicity. Anyways, I had been putting off making the poster, because it's just another thing to do...but I finally got it down this evening, and it turned out very well. I trucked up to the main library and printed it out in beautiful glossy high quality on one of the plotters, and so now we're ready to go. I hope that lots of students walk by every day and read about the IUALC and decide to take one of the many African languages that Indiana University offers for both undergraduate and graduate students.