Interesting Facts about the Inner Planets
- The inner planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars.
- Close to the Sun and separated from the much larger Outer Planets by an asteroid belt.
- Sometimes called terrestrial planets and are composed of rock.
- Due to their hard surfaces, these planets have canyons, craters, mountains, and volcanoes.
- Few or no moons.
- Developed from small grains of dust that collided and formed together.
I found a very nice flash piece on another website that shows the relative speed of these planets in orbit around the sun. Click here to view it.