Way to be supportive of a grieving family, Coke

OK, so this woman in New Zealand died of a heart attack, which officials believe was due to toxic levels of caffeine and overall poor nutrition. The woman regularly drank between 2.1 and 2.6 gallons of Coca-Cola a day. 


Yep. She had a drinking problem. 


Thirty-year-old Natasha Harris, who was a stay at home mom with eight kids, died of a heart attack. An autopsy report revealed that she suffered from hypokalemia, or low potassium, which was likely brought on by her excessive consumption of Coke.  Symptoms of the condition include abnormal heart rhythms. 


The woman also ate very little and smoked about 30 cigarettes a day. She had experienced high blood pressure and lacked energy in the months leading up to her death.


But here's the dumbest part of the story. Coca-Cola responded with a press release that stated that even water can be dangerous in excessive amounts. 


Water doesn't cause abnormal heart rhythms, Coke. We foresee a requirement to add warning labels to bottles of pop in the near future. 


When you're done teaching the world to sing, Coke, get on that.

Published Monday, April 23, 2012 3:46 PM by bulldog
Add to Bloglines Add to Del.icio.us Add to digg Add to Facebook Add to Google Bookmarks Add to Newsvine Add to reddit Add to Stumble Upon Add to Shoutwire Add to Squidoo Add to Technorati Add to Yahoo My Web